How to clean a rusty toilet
Removing Rust Stains from a Toilet BowlRust stains in the toilet bowl aren't uncommon but they are strange. Afterall, most toilets aren't made of metal, so where does it come from and what is the best way to remove rust?
Water high in iron is the cause of these rusty stains. Furthermore, water high in other mineral content can lead to other yucky stains. You'd think that bleach would do the trick but that can actually make matters worse. CLR® Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover is formulated to do the dirty work other household cleaners can't. And though it's more powerful on toilet bowl stains, it's easy on the environment.
How to Clean Toilet Bowl Stains
using CLR Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover
- Put on rubber cleaning gloves
- Turn off the water supply to the toilet
- Flush the water from bowl
- Pour 1 cup of CLR into bowl
- Wait 2 minutes
- Scrub the bowl with a toilet brush to loosen the soil
- Turn the water supply back on