How to clean the gunk from your truck rims
Cheryl from Oklahoma, our fourth CLR 101 Uses contest winner, says that she uses CLR to clean the rims of her truck. There’s nothing better than a brand new truck freshly driven off the lot. Now you can bring your vehicle, or at least your rims, back to that shining perfection again. Truck rims are especially susceptible to caked-on dirt and debris, making for a lackluster appearance. With a few simple tricks, it can be quick and easy to fix. In just a few minutes your rims can look good as new, and you’ll be ready to go wherever the road takes you!
IMPORTANT: Use CLR® Calcium Lime Rust on chrome or stainless steel rims ONLY. Follow the instructions below for your type of rims on your truck / car.
Things you will need for a shiny clean:
- CLR® Calcium Lime Rust for chrome or stainless steel rims, or Tarnish Remover for alloy/aluminum rims
- Pressure washer (not necessary, but helpful)
- Brush, cloth or sponge
- Cleaning gloves
- Warm Water and a bucket
Directions for chrome or stainless steel rims:
- In a well-ventilated area, mix equal amounts of CLR® Calcium Lime Rust and warm water. Never mix CLR with other household cleaners or bleach.
- Wipe away the surface dirt with warm soapy water and rinse.
- Apply the CLR/water solution with a brush, cloth, or sponge.
- After 2-3 minutes, rinse with cold water.
- Show off your shiny rims