CLR® Garbage Disposal Foaming Cleaner
- Fast dissolving with a fresh CLEAN SCENT to safely remove disposal odors from food waste residue.
- Use weekly for best cleaning and odor control.
- Look for CLR Garbage Disposal in these sizes: 5 pod count pouch
How to use this product
- Start with empty sink and disposal. DO NOT TURN ON DISPOSAL.
- Run hot tap water full force for 1-2 minutes directly into garbage disposal. Reduce tap water to pencil width stream away from the drain – off to side of the sink, not directly into drain.
- With disposal off, and water still at a stream INSERT ONE UNOPENED pod completely into disposal. Turn on garbage disposal.
- White cleaning foam should rise into the sink or both sides if using in a double sink. Run disposal until foam retreats from sink into disposal (1-2 minutes).
- Turn off disposal and tap water. To ensure best cleaning results, wait approximately 5 minutes until foam has retreated from disposal.
- Rinse remaining foam from sink and disposal.
|Sodium Bicarbonate||Disinfectant: CAS #144-55-8.||
|Disinfectant: CAS #144-55-8. Sodium Bicarbonate is the technical name for baking soda. It is an inorganic salt that is a mild disinfectant and effective fungicide. It is used in toothpase as an abrasive and in cleaners as a replacement for water softener, with the benefit of removing odors. As part of the EPA Safer Choice Program, it has been evaluated and determined to be safer than traditional chemical ingredients.|
|Citric Acid||pH Adjuster, Cleaning Agent and Preservative: CAS #77-92-9.||
|pH Adjuster, Cleaning Agent and Preservative: CAS #77-92-9. Citric acid is a weak acid that is widely found in both plants and animals. It is a natural ingredient that is common in citrus fruits. It is often used as a pH adjuster, water softener, cleaning agent and preservative. As part of the EPA Safer Choice Program, it has been evaluated and determined to be safer than traditional chemical ingredients.|
|Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate||Surfactant: CAS #68439-57-6.||
|Surfactant: CAS #68439-57-6. This is used in cleaners to modify the surface tension of water, to aid in even spreading and to allow mixing with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away. It is included in many soaps, detergents, and several groups of antiseptics. As part of the EPA Safer Choice Program, it has been evaluated and determined to be safer than traditional chemical ingredients.|
|Corn Starch Modified||Thickening Agent, Stabilizer, Abrasive, Disintegrant: CAS #9049-76-7.||
|Thickening Agent, Stabilizer, Abrasive, Disintegrant: CAS #9049-76-7. Starches consist of a large number of sugars combined together by mostly green plants to store energy, in this case corn. Modified starches are used as a thickening agent, stabilizer, abrasives, and as a disintegrant. They expand and dissolve when wet. As part of the EPA Safer Choice Program, it has been evaluated and determined to be safer than traditional chemical ingredients.|
|Sodium Stearate||Surfactant: CAS #822-16-2.||
|Surfactant: CAS #822-16-2. Sodium salt of a naturally occurring fatty acid. Often used for its lubricating properties in cosmetics; lipsticks and blushers. It can act as an emulsifier to keep oil and liquids from separating and as a surfactant modify the surface tension of water, to aid in even spreading and to allow mixing with oil and dirt so that they can be rinsed away. As part of the EPA Safer Choice Program, it has been evaluated and determined to be safer than traditional chemical ingredients.|
|Peach Cleanscents||Fragrance: Trade Secret Fragrance.||
|Fragrance: Trade Secret Fragrance. A more environmentally responsible and proprietary fragrance made in accordance with current natural and organic global regulations.|
What the Safer Choice Award is?
The EPA’s Safer Choice program helps consumers find products that perform and are safer for human health and the environment.
What that means
We’ve been recognized as the Safer Choice Partner of the Year for the past five years because of our outstanding achievement in the use of products that meet the Safer Choice program’s stringent health and environment standards.
What that means
for the environment.
To help formulate safer products, Safer Choice developed the Safer Chemical Ingredients List, which contains more than 750 chemicals that meet Safer