CLR® Septic System Treatment
- The ONLY septic system treatment to be partnered with the Part of the EPA’s Safer Choice Program recognizing the product as a safer alternative to traditional chemicals.
- With 7 treatments for systems up to 2000 gallons, it works instantly, can be used any time of day and its patented stabilization process allows for live, active bacteria to be deposited into the septic system.
- Unlike competitors’ products, this innovative formula does not contain detergents, preservatives, and inert “carriers” that the bacteria attach to in use.
- Can be poured down any drain vs. dry septic system treatments that can only be flushed down toilets, as well as uses more environment-friendly ingredients.
- Restores the precise stability of healthy bacteria needed to help keep your system operating at full effectiveness.
- Breaks down the solid organic waste that can build up in your septic tanks, such as detergents, soaps, grease and paper, so that it can be dispensed safely into the ground.
- CLR Septic Treatment uses only environmentally friendly ingredients. Safe on ALL pipes, drains and porcelain.
- Look for CLR Septic System Treatment in these sizes: 14 oz. and 28 oz. bottle.
How to use this product
- Pour 4 ounces of the bottle directly into ANY toilet or drain line.
- Do not mix with another chemical drain cleaner. It’s best if used during times of minimal water usage.
This product was determined not to be Subject to Dislosure under the California Cleaning Products Right to Know Act.
|Water||Dilutent: CAS #7732-18-5||
|Dilutent: CAS #7732-18-5. Reverse Osmosis (RO) is a water treatment process that removes contaminants from water by passing the water through a membrane, (filter), where contaminants are filtered out yielding more pure quality water.|
|Ammonium Phosphate, Monobasic||CAS #7722-76-1.||
|An inorganic salt widely used in fertilizer, baking powder and yeast production. It is also employed as an agent to control pH of a solution, in corrosion inhibition.|
|Sodium Nitrate||Corrosion Inhibitor: CAS #7632-00-0.||
|Corrosion Inhibitor: CAS #7632-00-0. It can be used as an additive in industrial greases, as an aqueous solution in closed loop cooling systems, and in a molten state as a heat transfer medium. It is also a common food preservative.|
How do I use CLR Septic System Treatment?
Use in septic systems up to 1,500 gallons. Shake before use. Using the measuring window on the side of the bottle, pour 1/3 of the bottle directly into any toilet or drain line monthly. CLR Septic System Treatment is safe on pipes and porcelain and works on fats, oils, grease and other stubborn organic matter.
What is a septic system?
A septic system is a self-contained underground wastewater treatment system. The septic system is composed of a septic tank and a leach/absorption area.
What is a septic system’s purpose in the household?
The purpose of the tank is to treat household waste. The tank treats the waste by the water falling to the bottom, the solids that are lighter float to the top and the heavier waste/sludge goes to the bottom. The sludge/solids that fall to the bottom must be treated with a septic system treatment to convert these materials into liquids which then will flow to the drain field.
What the Safer Choice Award is?
The EPA’s Safer Choice program helps consumers find products that perform and are safer for human health and the environment.
What that means
We’ve been recognized as the Safer Choice Partner of the Year for the past five years because of our outstanding achievement in the use of products that meet the Safer Choice program’s stringent health and environment standards.
What that means
for the environment.
To help formulate safer products, Safer Choice developed the Safer Chemical Ingredients List, which contains more than 750 chemicals that meet Safer