OFFICIAL RULES. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Submitting an entry constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance
of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and judges, which shall be final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest.
A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Contest Period: The CLR® Uses Contest (the “Contest”) begins 12:00:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on February 19, 2018 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. EST on March 30, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- Eligibility: Open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of date of entry. Employees and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and household members of each (whether related or not) of Jelmar, LLC. (the “Sponsor”) or Ogilvy PR or their promotion agencies, and family members of such employees, are not eligible to enter. Void where prohibited by law.
Limit two (2) Entries per person/email address throughout the Contest Period.
- How To Enter: During the Contest Period, you may enter by visiting https://clrbrands.com/101-uses (“Contest Website”) and following the onscreen instructions to complete the registration form and share how you use CLR® Calcium, Lime & Rust Remover in an innovative way. Limit 5,000 words and subject to Entry Guidelines below (“Entry” or “Entries”). Entries must be received by 11:59:59 EST on March 30, 2018.
Entries must not show usage of the product in a harmful way or counter indicative of its usage. Entries must be submitted by the entrant. Once submitted, Entries cannot be deleted, canceled, or modified. Incomplete and/or incorrect Entries will be voided and ineligible for a prize. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your Internet and/or phone service(s) may apply. In the event of a dispute over the identity of an entrant or potential winner, the Entry will be deemed to have been made by the authorized account holder of the email address indicated in the Entry process, and the potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that s/he is the authorized account holder of such email address.
By submitting an Entry in this Contest, entrant grants Sponsor and all other such persons or entities as Sponsor may designate, the absolute, irrevocable, worldwide, perpetual right and permission to use, reproduce, publish, store, post, display, distribute, modify, prepare derivative works of, and/or otherwise use the Entry (including all material embodied therein), in any manner, form, format, or media now or hereinafter created, including on the Internet, and for any purpose, including but not limited to advertising of Sponsor, the Contest, and Sponsor’s products, all without further notice, consent or payment. By participating in the Contest, each entrant declares that his/her Entry may be displayed on the Contest Website. All Entries submitted in connection with this Contest will be reviewed to ensure compliance with these Official Rules.
Entries must adhere to the Entry Guidelines below, as determined by Sponsor in their sole discretion.
- All text contained in Contest Entry must be in English.
- All Entries must be the sole, original work of the entrants. Entrants may not copy or otherwise plagiarize the Entry from any source.
- Contest Entry should not (and entrants represent and warrant that it will not) violate or infringe any third-party copyright, trademark, or other proprietary right of any entity or person (living or deceased), including but not limited to rights of privacy, publicity or portrayal in a false light.
- Contest Entry should not make reference to any commercial/corporate advertising, including but not limited to corporate logos, brand names (other than Sponsor’s), slogans, political, or religious statements, or be otherwise objectionable, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Contest Entry should not include any commercial solicitation or promotional materials, websites, contact information, or personally-identifiable information (e.g., first or last name, address, phone number, place of work, email address, etc.).
- Contest Entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred, or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age.
- Contest Entry must not contain, include, or encourage images or activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person or property, or suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe, or unduly risky activity.
- Contest Entry cannot defame, misrepresent, or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor, or their respective products and services, or other people, products, or companies.
- Any Contest Entry deemed inappropriate or unsuitable, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be disqualified and may be deleted.
Any Entry not in compliance with the above or which does not meet all the Contest rules may be disqualified. By entering, you agree to waive any rights you may have to the Entry submitted.
- Winner Determination/Winner Notification: On or about April 2, 2018, all Entries submitted will be judged by a panel of Sponsor representatives (“Judges”), based on the following Judging criteria: Creativity/Uniqueness (30%); Most intriguing (25%); Relevance to Theme (25%); Best Fit to Sponsor’s Brand (20%). The seven (7) highest-scoring Entries will be deemed the potential prize winners (“winner” or “winners”), subject to verification. In the event of a tie, tied Contest Entries will be re-judged based on Creativity/Uniqueness of Contest Entry. Sponsor/Judges’ decisions are final with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Entrants agree to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Each potential winner will be contacted via by email and/or phone to confirm his/her mailing address/eligibility/provide an assignment of rights within seven (7) days of notification or he/she will be disqualified. Winners will be mailed their prizes within 6-8 weeks after address verification. If a winner notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if the entrant fails to respond within the required timeframe, said entrant will be disqualified.
- Prizes and Actual Retail Values (“ARVs”): The Seven (7) winners will each receive one (1) $50 American Express Gift Card. ARV $50/each. Total ARV of all prizes is $350. American Express is not affiliated with this Contest except as a provider of the prize. Gift Card funds do not expire. Not redeemable for cash, except where required by law. Use at U.S. merchants that accept American Express Cards except cruise lines, for recurring billing chargers, at casinos or ATMs. Additional limitations apply. See Cardholder Agreement provided to winners. Issued by American Express Prepaid Card Management Corporation. Prizes are nontransferable and no cash substitution is allowed except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable for any reason. Limit one prize per person/email address. All Gift card terms and conditions apply. Prize is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. Winners are responsible for all applicable federal, state and local taxes and all other costs and expenses associated with prize not specified herein as being awarded.
- General Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the judges/Sponsor. The Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized on the Contest Website or in the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the Entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the Contest. In the event of a dispute as to any Entry, the authorized account holder of the Email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the Email account associated with the Entry. Sponsor and/or its agencies are not responsible for the failure of technical problems or congestion on the internet. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the Entry process or the operation of the Contest; violates these Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel the Contest and determine the winners by judging all eligible Entries received prior to cancellation. By participating in the Contest, the entrant agrees that Sponsor, its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, agents, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies, and all of their respective shareholders, officers, directors, employees and assigns, members, representatives and agents, will have no liability whatsoever for, and will be held harmless by entrant for any liability for any bodily injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from Entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the prize or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with its contents.
- Publicity Release: Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name, likeness and hometown and Entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, including a winners list, unless prohibited by law.
- Jurisdiction: The Contest and the Official Rules are governed by the laws of the state of Illinois. In the event of any dispute, entrants submit to exclusive personal jurisdiction in Illinois and agree that any dispute shall be brought in the Illinois Circuit Court or the U.S. Federal District Court for Illinois.
- Winners: For the names of the winners, send an email by May 31, 2018, to email@example.com with the subject line “The CLR Uses Contest Winners”.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Contest is Jelmar, 5550 West Touhy Avenue, Suite 200, Skokie, IL 60077.